Page Unavailable Error
If you receive the Page Unavailable Error on the MSN Games site or when trying to play a game, either the page is not currently available, or a system setting or cached Internet file is interfering with normal site behavior. To resolve this issue, follow the steps on this page.
The Page Unavailable Error may be received if a page is temporarily unavailable.
1. Refresh the webpage by clicking the Refresh button in Internet Explorer.
2. If the Page Unavailable Error still appears after refreshing, close then re-open Internet Explorer and return to the page.
3. If the Page Unavailable Error, follow the steps below.
Check the System Clock
The Page Unavailable Error may be received because the System Clock is set to the wrong time or date. To set the System Clock to the correct time and date, take these steps.
1. Go to Control Panel > Date and Time.
2. This displays the System Clock. If the System Clock is incorrect, click the Change date and time… button, then set the current date and time. If any changes are made, then click OK.
3. Check that the Time Zone is correct. If the Time Zone is incorrect, click the Change time zone button, then select the current Time Zone. If any changes are made, then click OK.
4. Click OK to close the Date and Time window.
5. Open Internet Explorer, go to MSN Games and start playing your games!
Clear Internet Cache and Cookies
If you continue to receive the Page Unavailable Error after correcting your System Clock, follow the steps below.
1. Sign out of your Microsoft Account.
2. Close any programs that connect to the Internet, including Internet Explorer or other Internet browsers and any email program.
3. Go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options.
4. Go to the Privacy Tab, then click the Advanced button.
5. If Override automatic cookie handling is checked, uncheck this box.
6. Click OK.
7. Go to the General Tab, then click the Delete button.
8. Check Temporary Internet files and Cookies. Uncheck all other boxes.
9. Click the Delete button. Wait for all files to delete.
10. On the General Tab, click the Settings button.
11. Under Check for newer versions of stored pages, click in the radial button for Every time I visit the website.
12. Click OK.
13. Go to the Advanced Tab.
14. On the Advanced Tab, scroll down in the Settings box until you see Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 (items in the Settings box are listed in alphabetical order).
15. If Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 are unchecked, check these boxes.
16. Click OK.
17. Click OK to close Internet Options.
18. Open Internet Explorer and go to MSN Games. Sign in using the link at MSN Games. Once you are signed in, your Nickname should display.