Sudoku by Miniclip Tips and Strategies
· If you’re not sure a number is correctly placed, holding down the space bar and left-clicking a cell will allow you to pencil in the answer with the option to change it – or make it permanent – later.
· Looking down and across entire rows or columns of the whole grid will help make some number placements much easier.
· If a number turns red, it is a duplicate.
· Search for rows or columns that have the most squares filled in. Determine which numbers are remaining. Scan intersecting columns to narrow down your choices.
· Click the HINT button when you need a clue. This game’s hint system only helps you find missing pieces. It won’t help you solve puzzles or return misplaced items. Once you do get a hint, you must wait for the button to refill before you can get another.
· Don’t be afraid to make an informed guess – even the best Sudoku players have to.
· Look for a column, row or 3x3 square on the grid which contains the most numbers. These might be easier to complete.
· When only two or three empty cells remain in a square, row or column, use logic to figure out where the numbers should be place. Be sure to check all intersecting rows and columns so you can rule out numbers already used.