Tips and Strategies
· If you’re a newcomer to the Mortimer Beckett series, play this game’s helpful tutorial first. You’re trapped in a time paradox, and this tutorial won’t waste your time.
· You must find all missing pieces, solve all puzzles, and return all misplaced items. This doesn’t always have to happen in a specific order. For instance, you can try to find all the missing pieces before you take on other tasks, or you can mix the activities.
· When you land in an era, various items in your inventory are locked. As you find missing pieces and solve puzzles, you unlock these items and can return them.
· Returning misplaced items can be quite the brain teaser. Pay attention to the names of these items and those of the hot-spots (which display gears when your cursor hovers on them). Sometimes these names help you deduce where an item belongs.
· Click the HINT button when you need a clue. This game’s hint system only helps you find missing pieces. It won’t help you solve puzzles or return misplaced items. Once you do get a hint, you must wait for the button to refill before you can get another.
· Always track your progress by keeping tabs on your inventory. You can view your inventory at the bottom of each scene and from the game map.
· Some puzzle clues can only be found in Mortimer’s Notebook, located to the right of the HINT button. The game prompts you when you need to use it. Also, keep a notepad open on your desktop or have pen and paper handy, you’ll need to take notes to solve some of the puzzles!